Eye of the Manastorm

Eye of the Manastorm

• October 22, 2014, 04:39:03 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you're not able to post, go here and join Forum Members or Manastorm.

Author Topic: EQ2 players - SOE is back  (Read 3081 times)

Khaer

• Hi, I'm Khaer, and I'm an altoholic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
EQ2 players - SOE is back
« on: May 14, 2011, 07:38:48 pm »

If you play EQ2, even if your account is expired, go to your account ASAP and change your password. You can get directly to the account login page at https://auth.station.sony.com/login

If you had an active account, you have 45 days added to it. That's one free month plus a day for each day the service was down. (It looks to me like it was 12, but that's their math.) http://www.soe.com/welcomeback

Sony claims that your credit card number was safe. Personally, I'm planning to have my credit card reissued and will change my accounts to a different email address so that I can recognize fake account spam more easily.

It's unfortunate that it will be harder to recruit EQ2 addicts using the AAF program, but for the sake of my friends' sanity, I'm glad they're back.

Erice - mage
Elspeth - rogue
Arenne - cleric
Alaena - warrior

Om

• Manastorm
  • The Ultimate Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: EQ2 players - SOE is back
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 08:02:36 pm »

Does this mean PSN is back as well or is that still down?

Regardless, I'm glad to hear Sony's at least got some of their stuff back online.

Khaer

• Hi, I'm Khaer, and I'm an altoholic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 11:22:00 pm »

I'm pretty sure PSN is going to be down for a while longer. They did have a 5/31 date, but they've cancelled that. I don't know if that means they think they can do it earlier or if it's delayed further.

Erice - mage
Elspeth - rogue
Arenne - cleric
Alaena - warrior

Ashgar

• Manastorm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 07:07:51 am »

For the curious, the part of PSN that allows you to play online games (and sync trophies) is up. The part of PSN that lets you buy things (and download things you've already purchased) is not. I haven't seen any word on when the store's coming back, but you can (and must, actually) change your password when you log in.

Eye of the Manastorm